- The Principle System Engineer - Systems Engineering is the Key Technology Authority (KTA) deployed within Engineering Organization in AVIAGE SYSTEMS and reports to the Chief Engineers Office (CEO) Leader. This role will demonstrate experience, technical leadership and accountability for System engineering activities in for AVIAGE SYSTEMS. This role requires extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of system engineering life cycle activities, with additional experience at the aircraft level and/or other avionics systems being desirable.
- The Systems Engineering KTA, will provide technical leadership/direction to the Engineering Organization on system engineering full life cycle activities, and provide technical oversight to the applicable avionics systems aspects of project execution, pursuit activities, and other design and development activities. The KTA will also contribute to cross-functions and/or cross-projects to resolve complex technical issues. He or she will be accountable to capability building, process development and improvement and regulation/standards compliance across the organization for system engineering.
- Provides the technical leadership/direction to the engineering team on system engineering process compliance, model based methodology when performing the operational concept definition, requirements capture, design & development, integration verification & validation for the assigned projects as necessary.
- Conducts the KTA technical reviews and oversights in area of expertise, specified assigned technology area as needed.
- Provides independent evaluation/assessment for projects on the applicable that meet the business standards, practices and procedures, and the product/program requirements.
- Leads the efforts to improve the system engineering process by introducing new methodology and best industrial practices, increasing the awareness, smoothing the process flows etc. and localize the system engineering processes as applicable.
- Set up the system engineering capability growth direction and plan, continuously develop the company capability in system engineering to facilitate various engineering projects.
- Offers objective, constructive, and realistic feedback with specific technical recommendations that can be implemented by the engineering project team.
- Participates as a presenter or reviewer in the engineering design reviews for the project as necessary.
- Participates in program pursuit and support the proposal as necessary.
- Provides technical consultation, guidance and recommendations where necessary to the engineering team or customer/suppliers within system engineering technical discipline.
- Participates in root causes investigations for complex problem solving, apply creative ideas, experienced judgment and sound analytical methods to solve complex problems.
- Provides timely communications on system engineering processes and methodology issues or developments.
- Leads in the timely capturing and communicating specific areas lessons learned and best practice to leverage to other projects, and drives/contributes to Design Practice amendments in response to lessons learned.
- Maintains awareness of state-of-the-art system engineering in the industry.
- Master degree or above, major in Avionics, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering/Sciences, or other related Engineering and Science fields from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in system engineering or avionics systems/products development.
- Proven ability to lead technical projects, ability to guide and influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to solve tough technical problems.
- Strong system engineering domain knowledge and regulatory/standards awareness, including the NASA/INCOSE system engineering handbook, model based system engineering.
- Familiarity with regulatory standards, especially ARP4754A, DO-297, DO-178B/C, DO-254, DO-160.
- Extensive knowledge with avionics system requirements definition, system architecture definition, design solution definition, production implementation, systems/products integration, verification and certification, as well as safety assessment.
- Ability to work effectively and productively with team members and cross functional teams.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, with external customers, suppliers and certification authorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Bilingual (EN&CN) is a plus.
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience through full development life cycles of aviation products.
- Familiarity with major aircraft subsystems, particularly avionics systems or products.
- Familiarity with TC/STC/TSO/ETSO/CTSO process, CAAC AP, FAA FAR, EASA CS.
- Knowledge of safety analysis and assessment methods and constraints at the avionics System and aircraft level.Strategic and visionary for the avionics system evolution.Proven record of successful development project execution through airworthinessStrong problem solving, interpersonal and leadership skills.Results driven, ability of working under pressure.Ability to work in a cross-functional, global environment.Project scheduling and budget estimation experience.
AVIAGE SYSTEMS is a 50/50 joint venture between General Electric Company (GE) and Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) .
Building on a historic partnership between two world-leading aerospace companies, AVIAGE SYSTEMS aims to elevate the future of flight by unleashing our world-class talent, cutting-edge innovation and powerful partnerships.