- The EIR operates in lots of uncertainty at a fast pace. S/He works with internal cross-functional team across levels of seniority, helping take ideas from genesis to launch till deliver and beyond. S/he helps bring “the outside in” mindset into the process of launching a viable small business. S/He main responsibilities including:
- § Work with Strategic Marketing to understand key business drivers, challenges, and future opportunities.
- § Work as Product Management to solidify business plan for the assigned new business launch area;
- § Work as engineer to build and iterate early experiments of new products and business models. Then complete the product design along with customer expectations
- § Work with Business Development / Sales teams to convince potential customers about the value proposition of, source concept operations and use cases of, the new product
- § Work with supply chain and manufacturing to implement and iterate cost, quality and customer service strategies in the business plan
- § Cultivate and maintain strategic relationship with technology partners, enterprise architects, process owners, OEMs, airlines regulatory agencies and governments.
- § Identify resource needs, personnel structure, operating plan and process for the early operation of the new small business
- § Make recommendations on improving for pivoting strategy, timing, investment of the new business, based on real market signals and product launch feasibilities
- § Identify opportunities for lifecycle productivity improvement and drive for innovative effective design/certification methodologies.
- Other tasks when assigned
- § Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and major in engineering, computer science or Physics
- § At least 5 years of working experience in aviation industry
- § Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in product development, product management, product marketing, program management or business development
- § Experience in domain of digital system architecture, aviation computing, control, communication or electronics
- § Familiar with competitive landscape of aviation products in the global market
- § Willingness and ability to travel (up to 25%)
- § Master degree in electrical engineering or computer science, or MBA from top business school is preferred
- § A strong professional network builder to help drive the business creation toward success
- § Outstanding business communication skills (written/verbal)
- § A business mindset person who understand aviation electronics market trends, business models is comfortable with product positioning, go-to-market plan, value pricing, product/technology roadmap, competitive strategy, new product launch
- § A customer champion who embraces listening to customers and is skillful of translating customer needs
- § Highest level of integrity, honesty and credibility
AVIAGE SYSTEMS is a 50/50 joint venture between General Electric Company (GE) and Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) .
Building on a historic partnership between two world-leading aerospace companies, AVIAGE SYSTEMS aims to elevate the future of flight by unleashing our world-class talent, cutting-edge innovation and powerful partnerships.