- In this role, you will support team to execute projects as directed by Engineering Project Manager. You need to work with Technical manager, cross-functional project teams within AVIAGE SYSTEMS, some external coordination, and perform activities that include planning, facilitating, tracking against timelines and budgets, status reporting to oversight bodies.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to construct and maintain projects planning including resources demands, task dependencies, project deliverables and key milestones, and implementation including cost, schedule, & status control.
- Monitor project progress and cost development, keeping the respective Technical Lead/Department Leader informed of variances to baseline and anticipated schedule, and financial impact to project execution.
- Drive risk management and risk mitigation plan. Identify recovery plan and drive the execution to it when there are schedule delays.
- Generate special ad-hoc studies, schedule analysis and milestone reports as required by Engineering Project Management Team.
- Proactively manage the processes related to project management systems; e.g. Earned Value Analysis and Reporting, Risk Management, Resource Management, Action Items, Baseline Change Requests, etc.
- Support technical teams in individual team schedule development, Activity Based Management (ABM) reporting, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Dictionary definition.
- Drive process definition and improvement for the benefit of efficiencies and cost savings.
- Monitor the resource allocation, identify the resource gap and solution.
- Establish strong working relationships with other location team.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Strong background in Microsoft Office software packages including MS Project, MS Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work within a multi-discipline, cross-functional team to drive results
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to develop software tool/script or plug-in to support auto-generation of project performance metrics
- Strong quantitative, negotiation, presentation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to adopt, define/improve and execute department processes in a fast-changing environment
- Current PMP certification
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin
AVIAGE SYSTEMS is a 50/50 joint venture between General Electric Company (GE) and Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) .
Building on a historic partnership between two world-leading aerospace companies, AVIAGE SYSTEMS aims to elevate the future of flight by unleashing our world-class talent, cutting-edge innovation and powerful partnerships.