- Theprincipal systems engineerwill act as an expert in the field and as the significant contributor to R&D activities related to AVIAGE SYSTEMS’ next generation airborne systems and products. This role requires strong GNSS/BDS background, strong communication skills and to be a self-driven person.
- This role will interact with product managers, R&D focal and business development teams to generate product concepts, requirements and technology maturation. You will need to coordinate with extended teams located at AVIAGE global sites in China and US.
- Recommend approaches to meet technical and program requirements
- Lead GNSS/BDS technical and relevant product roadmap development and perform trade studies to assess and select the right emerging technologies.
- Remain current with the state of the art within the field
- Lead and develop GNSS/BDS technical capabilities in line with business needs
- Prototype and demonstrate advanced designs for validation and proof of concepts.
- Design and Develop state of the art solutions for airborne systems and airline applications.
- Generate technical documentation in accordance with engineering policies and procedures
- Support project planning efforts and ensure execution to schedule and budget
- Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems
- Communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments
- Provide training and mentoring to less experienced engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Navigation, Geomatics/Surveying, or Engineering
- 10+ years of industry experience in GNSS/BDS development
- In-depth technical knowledge of GNSS
- In-depth technical knowledge of BDS
- Hands on product development experience on GNSS/BDS
- Systems Engineering expertise applied to complex technical solutions
- Self-driven and fast-paced learner
- Team player with good inter-personal skills
- Master’s degree in Communication, Navigation, Geomatics/Surveying, or Engineering
- Knowledge of various aircraft or avionics systems, including safety critical and/or utility system within a FAR Part 25 aircraft
- Extensive background in Aerospace electronics/avionics engineering and development and qualification including DO-178, DO-254, and DO-160 standards
- Good oral and written communication ability in English and Chinese
AVIAGE SYSTEMS is a 50/50 joint venture between General Electric Company (GE) and Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) .
Building on a historic partnership between two world-leading aerospace companies, AVIAGE SYSTEMS aims to elevate the future of flight by unleashing our world-class talent, cutting-edge innovation and powerful partnerships.