- The Supply Chain Engineer is responsible for developing high performance supply chain to achieve business and operational objectives and managing supplier relationship to ensure on time delivery of products that meet AVIAGE SYSTEMS' requirement of technology, quality and cost.
- Assess supplier capabilities to meet technical and demand requirements.
- Resolve product issues and provide technical expertise through product full life cycle with support from internal team and suppliers.
- Monitor product performance, trends and manufacturing process improvements by coordinating with suppliers and verifying objective evidence. Improve supplier performance by conducting workshops at supplier locations and providing technical assistance as required.
- Conduct system/process/product audits of suppliers and develop improvement plans with suppliers.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing including operation training and hands-on equipment debug.
- Responsible for production test equipment maintenance and improvement through product life cycle.
- Lead projects related to cost down opportunities and track cost savings.
- Responsible for risk management from supply chain perspective.
- Able to work both independently and as part of the team to complete complex projects in a timely manner and within budget constraints.
- Other duties as assigned by line manager.
- Bachelor’s degree Major in Electrical, Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years in engineering role, production management experience is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills both in mandarin and English
- Highly motivated, self-starter, result driven, ability to undertake multi-task and work under pressure
- 3+ years of experience in supplier management
- Knowledge in mechanical products, PCB, PCBA, cables, test equipment and similar technologies
- Experience of quality management systems standards (AS9100/TS16949/ISO9001)
- Skilled in hands on work and exceptional technical problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
- Demonstrated background in Lean manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence cross functional stakeholders
- 10 - 30% travel
AVIAGE SYSTEMS is a 50/50 joint venture between General Electric Company (GE) and Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) .
Building on a historic partnership between two world-leading aerospace companies, AVIAGE SYSTEMS aims to elevate the future of flight by unleashing our world-class talent, cutting-edge innovation and powerful partnerships.