- The EIR operates in lot of uncertainty at a fast pace. He/she works with internal cross-functional teams across levels of seniority, helping take ideas from genesis to launch till deliver and beyond. He/she helps bring “the outside in” mindset into the process of launching a viable small business. His/her main responsibilities include:
- · Work with Strategic Marketing to understand key business drivers, challenges, and future opportunities.
- · Work as Marketing and Product Management to solidify business plan for the assigned new business launch area.
- · Work with Business Development / Sales teams to convince potential customers about the value proposition of, source concept of operations and use cases of, the new product.
- · Work as engineers to build and iterate early experiments of new products and business models. Then complete the product design along with customer expectations.
- · Work with supply chain and manufacturing to implement and iterate cost, quality, and customer service strategies in the business plan.
- · Identify resource needs, organization structure, operating plan and process for the early operation of the new small business.
- · Make recommendations on improving or pivoting strategy, timing, investment of the new business, based on real market signals and product launch feasibilities.
- · Other tasks when assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- At least 3 years of working experience in aerospace industry.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in new product development, new business creation, or technical marketing / applications engineering.
- A domain expert in aviation computing, control, communication electronics.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally (up to 20%).
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or MBA from top business schools is preferred.
- Experience with being a founder / co-founder of successful technology start-up is highly valued.
- A strong professional network (investors, mentors, founders, technologists) needed to help drive the business creation toward success.
- Outstanding business communication skills (written/verbal).
- An intelligent risk taker who is comfortable with operating in uncertainties, and is biased toward taking actions.
- A business mindset person who understands aerospace electronics market trends, business models; is comfortable with product positioning, go-to-market plan, value pricing, product/technology roadmap, competitive strategy, new product launch.
- A lead-by-influence practitioner who is good at driving cross-functional project teams to meet demanding cost/schedule/scope objectives.
- A customer champion who embraces listening to customers and is skillful of translating customer needs.
- A technologist who understands and innovates in dependable computing, networking, software architecture, analytics; has dealt with at least 2 different products.
- Strong executive presence.
- Highest level of integrity, honesty, and credibility.
AVIAGE SYSTEMS is a 50/50 joint venture between General Electric Company (GE) and Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) .
Building on a historic partnership between two world-leading aerospace companies, AVIAGE SYSTEMS aims to elevate the future of flight by unleashing our world-class talent, cutting-edge innovation and powerful partnerships.